Home Register Login SLEEP AUDIO BY ME Album list Most viewed dreams Search

Missing Teresa Lynn Butler new case information posted as of May 15th 2020

Important Notice:  This page only contains basic information that publically available, to view my work on the case during for this year please follow this link.


Missing Teresa Lynn Butler

Teresa, approximate date 2006

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: January 25, 2006 from Risco, Missouri

Type: Endangered Missing

Date of Birth: November 26, 1970 Age at disappearance: 35 years old

Weight and Height: 5'7, 110 pounds

Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Black hair, brown eyes. Teresa's right ear is pierced twice and her left ear three times. She has a Caesarean section scar on her abdomen and she has noticeable dimples.

Details of disappearance and psychic work by Brian Ladd (login to view entire case as of May 2020)


Teresa is believed to have disappeared from her residence on County Road 241, also known as Eight Ditch Road, just off of Highway 62 near Risco, Missouri on January 25, 2006. She was last heard from when she spoke to a relative on the phone at 10:00 p.m. the previous day. Teresa's husband, Gary Dale Butler, was working the night shift and tried to call her on his lunch break, but the call went to voice mail and he assumed she was asleep. He came home at 10:00 a.m. on January 25 and found his wife missing and their two sons, aged two and four years, home alone. The younger boy had a full diaper and an empty bottle. Teresa has never been heard from again.
The family's video camera, PlayStation with games, Nintendo Game Cube with games, large Mag-Lite flashlight, digital camera and car stereo disappeared with Teresa, along with her purse and cellular phone, but her wedding rings, black leather jacket and her forest-green Jeep were left behind. She normally took off her wedding rings every night before bed; the rings were found on the floor under the couch. There were no signs of forced entry to the home and no blood or indications that a struggle had taken place, but a key was found broken off in a lock at the residence, and the lightbulb on the front porch was unscrewed.
Cellular phone records revealed that a call was placed from Teresa's phone at 3:16 a.m. on the day of her disappearance, to a residence in Gideon, Missouri. The man who lived there did not answer the phone at the time. He said he didn't know Teresa or anyone in her family. After her disappearance, her cellular phone was used to place a call to Clarkton, Missouri, to a home where two elderly women lived together. The women don't know Teresa either and stated they answered the phone but heard nothing from the other end. Authorities are uncertain why the calls were made.
Gary stated his wife was not having any problems prior to her disappearance, but her coworkers stated she had received upsetting phone calls from Gary's ex-wife. She told her father that Gary's ex-wife had threatened her. Gary maintains that the differences between Teresa and his former wife were amicably resolved. It is unclear whether his ex-wife or the phone calls have anything to do with Teresa's disappearance.
A witness came to them and told them about a drug deal that supposedly happened within 24 hours of Teresa's disappearance, where drugs were exchanged for a video camera. After viewing its contents, the witness realized it was Teresa's. The police were able to recover the video camera in the spot the witness indicated, a water-filled ditch between Malden and Risco, but it had no serial number and there was no tape inside, so they couldn't prove it was Teresa's. They stated they had a suspect in the case and had interviewed him, but they not publicly identified him.
Teresa's disappearance is considered suspicious, as she has no history of instability or of leaving without warning, and it would be uncharacteristic of her to leave her children unattended. Her husband has been ruled out as a suspect in her case. Teresa was employed in the photo department of Wal-Mart in Dexter, Missouri at the time of her disappearance, and was scheduled to work at noon on the day she went missing, but never showed up. Foul play is suspected in her disappearance.
New Madrid County Sheriff's Office