Home Register Login SLEEP AUDIO BY ME Album list Most viewed dreams Search

Missing Steven Norman Chait new case information posted as of May 15th 2020

Important Notice:  This page only contains basic information that publically available, to view my work on the case during for this year please follow this link.


Missing Steven Norman Chait

Left: Chait, approximate date 1972;
Right: Age-progression to age 65 (approximate date 2016)

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: March 13, 1972 from Manhattan, New York

Type: Endangered Missing

Date of Birth: May 9, 1951 Age at disappearance: 20 years old

Weight and Height: 5'10, 158 pounds

Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair, green eyes. Chait had a mustache and beard at the time of his 1972 disappearance. He wears eyeglasses. Chait has light scarring around his left eye. Clothing/Jewelry Description: A winter jacket, a knit hat and a scarf.

Medical Conditions: Chait may have been depressed at the time of his disappearance.

Details of disappearance and psychic work by Brian Ladd (login to view entire case as of May 2020)


Chait was a student at Columbia University in the New York City borough of Manhattan in 1972. He was employed at Mama Joy's Delicatessen on Broadway and 113th Street in Manhattan. Chait resided in Furnald Hall on the Columbia University campus. He was last seen on March 13, 1972 as he departed his dormitory room. Chait had spent the day there lying in bed and listening to music. He gave no indication to his roommate that he planned to be out for an extended period of time. He left all of his personal belongings behind, including his books, passport, and uncashed paychecks. Chait has never been heard from again.
Chait is described as a serious, complex, studious youth who may have been depressed at the time of his disappearance. Chait's mother stated her son was moody prior to his disappearance and believed he was letting everyone down; she believes he may have committed suicide, but hopes he is still alive. She stated he was a good student and very proud of getting accepted into Columbia, but became depressed and changed his major after he got a poor grade in an engineering course. His hobbies in 1972 included listening to classical music, relay running for the Columbia track team, and studying architecture and paintings; Chait was a member of the N.Y. Metropolitan Museum of Art and the National Gallery in Washington, D.C. He regularly donated blood to the Red Cross and was also a member of the Sierra Club, an organization dedicated to protecting the environment.
For twenty-five years following his disappearance, Chait's mother received several phone calls which she believes were from him. She would answer the phone and the caller would refuse to speak. She assumed the caller was Chait and spoke into the phone, telling him she loved him and asking him to come home. After several seconds the caller would hang up. The calls stopped coming in 1997 and it has never been verified that the caller was Chait.
Chait left behind his parents and a younger brother and sister. His father died in 2002, but the rest of his family is alive and they still hope he will be found. His sister established a track scholarship at Columbia in Chait's name. His case opened 2018 by Psychic Brian Ladd.