Missing Shelia Diane Hughes new case information posted as of May 15th 2020

Important Notice:  This page only contains basic information that publically available, to view my work on the case during for this year please follow this link.


Missing Shelia Diane Hughes

Hughes, approximate date 2000

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: September 1, 2000 from Aliceville, Alabama

Type: Endangered Missing

Date of Birth: June 17, 1971 Age at disappearance: 29 years old

Weight and Height: 5'5, 150 pounds

Distinguishing Characteristics: African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Hughes has scars on her left arm and lower lip. Her ears are pierced. Her nickname is Boot. Clothing/Jewelry Description: A gray shirt, stretchy white maternity shorts and white house slippers.

Medical Conditions: Hughes was nine months pregnant with a boy at the time of her September 2000 disappearance. She planned to name him Renard Simmons Jr. She was due to deliver her baby at any time.

Details of disappearance and psychic work by Brian Ladd (login to view entire case as of May 2020)


Hughes left her residence in Aliceville, Alabama with her boyfriend of five years, Renard Simmons, at approximately 10:30 p.m. on September 1, 2000. He was the father of her unborn son. The police stopped Simmons's car at a road block in Pickensville, Alabama at 1:00 a.m. on September 2; Hughes was in the car at the time. This is the last time anyone saw her. Simmons later told authorities that he dropped her off at her home at approximately 3:00 a.m. on September 2. She has never been heard from again.
Hughes's brown purse and her white slippers were discovered under a tree in a cotton field in Noxubee County, Mississippi sometime after she was last seen. An extensive search of the area produced no clues as to her whereabouts. The items were located just west of the Alabama/Mississippi state line. Hughes's disappearance remains unsolved.
Hughes's family members stated Simmons was unhappy about her pregnancy and wanted her to have an abortion. In a conversation with her older sister the night before her disappearance, Hughes said, "If you don't see me anymore, don't worry about me, know that I've lived my life to the fullest." Her family believes she is deceased, and authorities also think she met with foul play. She was declared legally dead in February 2008, seven and a half years after her disappearance. Simmons died in 2013. Hughes's case opened 2018 by Psychic Brian Ladd.