Missing Floyd Roger Hurst new case information posted as of May 15th 2020

Important Notice:  This page only contains basic information that publically available, to view my work on the case during for this year please follow this link.


Missing Floyd Roger Hurst

Hurst, approximate date 1997

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: January 26, 1997 from Oxford, Alabama

Type: Endangered Missing

Date of Birth: March 29, 1952 Age at disappearance: 43 years old

Weight and Height: 6'0, 300 pounds

Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Black hair, blue eyes. Hurst may have a mustache. Clothing/Jewelry Description: A black jacket, a turquoise shirt, gray pants, white sneakers and a black baseball cap with "H&H Gamefowl Farm" printed on the front.

Details of disappearance and psychic work by Brian Ladd (login to view entire case as of May 2020)


Hurst was last seen leaving his residence on Sunny Eve Road off of eastbound Highway 78 in Oxford, Alabama at 9:00 p.m. on January 26, 1997. He planned to attend a Super Bowl party at the nearby Red Horse Lounge in Anniston, Alabama at the time of his disappearance. Hurst never arrived at the lounge and has not been heard from again.
Hurst was driving his blue 1990 Dodge Caravan with the Alabama license plate number 11FDH99 at the time of his disappearance. It was located at the Georgia Welcome Center off Interstate 20. Hurst's former wife was reportedly the last person to see him prior to his disappearance. She said she realized he was missing when one of his friends at the Red Horse Lounge called asking why he had not arrived there yet.
Jack David "Jackie" Stovall II, an acquaintance of Hurst's and his next-door neighbor, had been a longtime suspect in his case. A photo of Stovall is posted below this case summary. He has a history of violence and allegedly broke Hurst's brother's arm several years prior to 1996. Six months after Hurst went missing, Stovall was arrested and charged with attempting to hire another man, William Oneal Rhodes, to kill Barry Jackson, one of Hurst's friends. The two men went to the Georgia Welcome Center to discuss the planned hit.
Stovall's home was robbed by three masked men sometime prior to Hurst's disappearance; they stole cash, guns and over $80,000 worth of jewelry. He apparently believed Hurst and Jackson were two of the perpetrators. Stovall allegedly told Rhodes he had already had the other men involved in the robbery killed: Hurst was the first one, then Daryl "Monkey" Adams. Adams was found shot to death in a limousine in Anniston after Hurst's disappearance. Stovall said he'd hidden Hurst's body where no one would find it. In late 1997, he reached a plea bargain with prosecutors and pleaded guilty to attempted murder-for-hire in Jackson's case. He was released from prison in 1997.
In March 2014, Stovall was charged with capital murder in Hurst's case. Later that month, Kenneth Earl Kemp II was also charged with capital murder. Authorities stated Hurst died of "total body traumatic fragmentation" and they'd had a recent break in the case that gave them enough evidence to file charges against the two defendants. Kemp and Stovall are awaiting trial.
Foul play is suspected in Hurst's case due to the circumstances involved.

Calhoun County Sheriff's Office