Missing Sherrill Elizabeth Levitt new case information posted as of May 15th 2020

Important Notice:  This page only contains basic information that publically available, to view my work on the case during for this year please follow this link.


Missing Sherrill Elizabeth Levitt

Top Row and Bottom Left and Center: Levitt, approximate date 1992;
Bottom Right: Age-progression to age 68 (approximate date 2012)

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: June 7, 1992 from Springfield, Missouri

Type: Endangered Missing

Date of Birth: November 1, 1944 Age at disappearance: 47 years old

Weight and Height: 5'0, 110 pounds

Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Bleached blonde hair, brown eyes. Sherrill has freckles on her neck and on her upper chest. Her ears are pierced. Her maiden name is Williams. Sherrill was a cigarette smoker at the time of her 1992 disappearance. She wears eyeglasses, but her pair was located inside of her residence. Clothing/Jewelry Description: A floral-print dress.

Details of disappearance and psychic work by Brian Ladd (login to view entire case as of May 2020)


Sherrill telephoned a friend at approximately 11:15 p.m. that evening. She was painting a chest of drawers at the time and gave no indication that anything was amiss inside her residence. Suzanne and McCall returned to Sherrill's residence at approximately 2:15 a.m. on June 7 after deciding that their friend's home was too crowded. They planned to meet other friends at White Water amusement park in Branson later in the day. The girls drove their separate vehicles to Sherrill's house. Neither they nor Sherrill have been heard from again. Neighbors did not hear any suspicious activity near Sherrill's home during the overnight hours.
One of the girls' friends phoned and visited Sherrill's residence several times during the day in an attempt to locate the three women. McCall's family alerted authorities about the disappearances during the evening of June 7. All of the women's personal belongings were discovered inside the house; their vehicles were also parked at the home. Sherrill's bed appeared to have been slept in during the previous night. Her eyeglasses were beside her bed and a book had been turned over, indicating that Sherrill may have been interrupted while reading. The family's Yorkshire Terrier, Cinnamon, was still inside the house and appeared to be anxious. All of Sherrill's personal belongings were untouched and the television was turned on. There was no sign of a struggle at the residence, but the porch light had been shattered. No additional physical evidence was discovered at the scene. Authorities now believe that the broken glass from the porch light may have provided clues about the disappearances. A friend of the girls swept the shards into the garbage, unaware that he was discarding possible evidence at the time.

An extensive search of the surrounding areas produced no clues as to the women's whereabouts. Robert Craig Cox, a convicted robber serving time on unrelated charges in a Texas prison, was identified as a possible suspect in the case. Cox initially told investigators that he was not in the Springfield area on June 7, but later recanted his statement. Cox also told a journalist that he knew the women had been murdered and buried near Levitt's home, but he claimed that their remains would never be discovered. Authorities are uncertain if Cox was involved in the case or if he is seeking attention by issuing false statements. Cox has never been charged in connection with the women's disappearances.
A witness reported observing a woman matching Suzanne's description driving an older model moss green Dodge van later during the day on June 7. The witness claimed that the woman appeared terrified as an unseen male voice told her "Don't do anything stupid." The witness did not contact investigators with her account until several days had passed. Additional witnesses reported seeing the Dodge van in different areas of Springfield after the women's disappearances. A man told authorities that he saw the blonde female sitting in the driver's seat of a similar vehicle in the parking lot of a local grocery store. The individual said that he wrote the van's license plate number on a newspaper, as the vehicle seemed suspicious. The man threw the paper away before contacting investigators. Law enforcement officials agreed to hypnotize the man, but he was only able to provide the plate's first three digits. Authorities have been unable to determine if a van was involved in the women's cases. A photo of a similar vehicle is posted below this case summary.
A server at George's Steakhouse, one of Sherrill's favorite Springfield restaurants, reported seeing the women in the establishment between 1:00 and 3:00 a.m. on June 7. The employee claimed that Sherrill, Suzanne and McCall arrived and departed together. She said that Suzanne appeared to be intoxicated as the group left the restaurant and Sherrill was attempting to calm her down. Investigators have never confirmed the possible sighting and it is not clear if the women visited the eatery before their disappearances.
Other witnesses reported hearing a woman's screams and the squeal of tires in eastern Greene County, Missouri during the early hours of June 7. Officials searched the area, but no evidence related to the case was located. A composite sketch of an unidentified transient man was released in the days proceeding the disappearances. The individual was allegedly spotted near Sherrill and Suzanne's residence in early June 1992. Authorities do not know if the man was involved in the case. Sherrill's son and Suzanne's older brother, Bartt Streeter, and one of Suzanne's former boyfriends were ruled out as suspects in the case early in the investigation.
An anonymous caller phoned America's Most Wanted's hotline after the program profiled the women's case in late December 1992. The caller was disconnected before he could speak to Springfield investigators. Authorities believe that the person held vital information connected to the disappearances. Despite public pleas for assistance, the individual never contacted authorities again.
Investigators searched an area of land in Webster County, Missouri in August 1993. Authorities refused to announce what was located at the site and if anything pertained to the disappearances. Investigators received a tip from two women in 2002 that led officials back to the same county for an additional search. The women said that two men were employed at the local concrete company that once owned the site near Marshfield, Missouri. The tipsters said that the individuals drove a van similar to the vehicle that may have been used in the missing women's cases. The informants claimed that the men departed Springfield shortly after Sherrill, Suzanne and McCall vanished. Investigators determined that two men did work at the company in 1992, but they were unable to identify the individuals or confirm that they drove a van. Cadaver dogs located two possible areas of interest at the site in late July 2002. Authorities cautioned that the dogs' indications did not prove human remains were buried in the area. Investigators also stated that it was unlikely the sites were related to the women's disappearances.
Several officials charged the former chief of police of impeding their investigation into the case in the late 1990s. Others dispute that contention and said that little evidence was available in the case from its onset. One of the original investigators theorized that the women's assailant(s) took Cinnamon out of Sherrill's yard during the overnight hours of June 7 in an effort to gain access to the residence. The officer speculated that the attacker(s) knocked on the door, pretending to have rescued the dog after he wandered away from the home. The investigator theorized that one of the women may have opened the door to retrieve Cinnamon and was overpowered by the assailant(s).
Sherrill's background was investigated as other leads proved futile. She and Suzanne moved to the Springfield area in 1980 from Seattle, Washington. Sherrill divorced her first husband, Brentt Streeter, shortly after Suzanne's birth. She told friends that Brentt believed they should divorce and continue living together. His plan would allow Sherrill to qualify for welfare assistance. Sherrill decided to end the relationship instead. She moved into an apartment complex in Seattle and stayed home with Suzanne and Bartt for six months after Suzanne's birth. Sherrill received free rent while performing repair work around the complex.
Sherrill and Suzanne moved into their home on East Delmar Street in April 1992, two months before their disappearances. Sherrill's 1989 divorce from her second husband, Don Levitt, impacted her finances and she elected to relocate to the smaller residence with her daughter. Don's creditors began asking Sherrill to pay his debts after their divorce. She hired an attorney to locate him without success.
Sherrill was employed at New Attitudes Hair Salon on West Sunshine Street in Springfield in 1992. She had 250 clients at the time of her disappearance and was considered a model employee. Her family members describe her as a private person who had a close relationship with Streeter in 1992. Their relatives had them both declared legally deceased in 1997, five years after their disappearances. A bench was dedicated to the women in Victims Memorial Garden in Springfield's Phelps Grove Park the same year. Their cases remain unsolved.