Missing Aaron Cody Stepp new case information posted as of May 15th 2020

Important Notice:  This page only contains basic information that publically available, to view my work on the case during for this year please follow this link.


Missing Aaron Cody Stepp

Top Row and Bottom Left and Center: Aaron at age 17 months
(approximate date February 1994; more recent photos are unavailable);
Bottom Right: Age-progression to age 22 (approximate date 2015)

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: March 11, 1997 from Columbus, Ohio

Type: Endangered Missing

Date of Birth: September 24, 1993 Age at disappearance: 3 years old

Weight and Height: 3'2, 39 pounds

Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Blond hair, blue eyes. Aaron goes by his middle name, Cody, and most accounts refer to him by that name. Clothing/Jewelry Description: A red jacket, blue sweatpants and black and white high-top sneakers.

Details of disappearance and psychic work by Brian Ladd (login to view entire case as of May 2020)


Cody was reportedly last seen playing in a neighbor's backyard on Hosack Street in Columbus, Ohio at approximately 7:00 p.m. on March 11, 1997. He has never been heard from again.
Cody vanished the day before his mother, Robyn Y. Stepp, was released from prison. She served 17 months for two theft convictions. She has a history of drug use and prostitution. Robyn's sister, Mickey Stepp, had physical custody of Cody since January 1994 and legal custody since December 1996. Mickey told authorities that she believed Cody's maternal grandmother, Janice Stiles, was supervising him while she went to the store. Stiles claimed that she thought Cody accompanied Mickey on the errand.
Robyn attempted to have her son declared legally deceased in 1998, approximately 17 months after he was reported missing. She claimed that Mickey and Stiles withheld information regarding Aaron's disappearance. Several family members testified that they had not seen the child for several months prior to March 1997. Mickey and Stiles denied allegations that they allowed Cody to be removed from their home in order to receive illegal monthly welfare benefits of $279. One of Stiles's children testified that she physically abused her children in the past. Stiles's two-year-old daughter died in 1964. The cause of death was listed as bronchitis, but numerous burns were found on the child's body. Authorities closed the case without filing charges against anyone.
Investigators were unable to locate evidence suggesting Cody even resided with Mickey and Stiles after he was reported missing. Authorities said that there was no clothing, toys or photos connected to the child inside the home, and neighbors stated they had not seen Cody for about a year prior to his reported disappearance. Robyn testified that she saw Cody for the final time on December 18, 1995. She claimed that her mother and sister refused to allow her to speak to her son when she called from prison. Investigators testified that they suspected foul play was involved in Cody's case, but could not produce evidence to support the theory. The judge refused to declare the child legally deceased due to the inconclusive nature of his case.
There was an unconfirmed sighting of Cody in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania on July 12, 1997, four months after he disappeared. The witness reportedly saw a child fitting Cody's description between 3:00 and 6:00 p.m. at DeFluri's Restaurant on Benner Pike. The child was accompanied by two unidentified adult females and two other children at the time. One of the women was described as a White female with medium-length dark hair. She was approximately 30 to 40 years old and 130 pounds. The second female was described as being of Asian or Pacific Islander descent with very short dark hair. She was in her late teens or early twenties and wore dark-framed eyeglasses and full-length jeans or denim shorts. The people spotted in the restaurant have never been identified, including the children.
Mickey died of natural causes in 2004. She maintained her innocence in her nephew's case until the end. Authorities are uncertain what happened to Cody, and have stated they do not necessarily believe he is deceased. Cody's case opened 2018 by Psychic Brian Ladd.