Missing Vickie Lee Davis located 2020

Important Notice:  This page only contains basic information that publically available, to view my work on the case during for this year please follow this link.


Missing Vickie Lee Davis

Vickie, approximate date 1987

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: March 15, 1987 from Chipley, Florida

Type: Endangered Missing

Date of Birth: October 28, 1966 Age at disappearance: 20 years old

Height and weight : 5'1 - 5'2, 125 pounds

Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Vickie may use the last name Bryant.

Details of disappearance and psychic work by Brian Ladd (login to view entire case )


Davis was last seen in Chipley, Florida on March 15, 1987. After work, she came home, did laundry and talked to her mother-in-law and husband on the phone. The conversation with her husband, Douglas Earl Davis, was the last contact. Douglas reported her missing the next day. He stated she left a note saying she was going to her job at a McDonald's restaurant, but her coworkers said she wasn't scheduled to work. She often filled in for others who were sick, but no one had asked her to work for them that day. Vickie reportedly took a suitcase, makeup and some clothes with her when she vanished. She has never been heard from again. Her car, a 1971 Nova, was found locked and abandoned in a parking lot behind a steakhouse next to the McDonald's. The keys were missing. There were no fingerprints at the scene besides those of Vickie and Douglas.
On a related note, in 1984, three years before Vickie disappeared, her husband was charged with murdering a coworker and her four-year-old son. Police believe he beat the woman and child to death with a board at Sunbelt Forest Products, a lumberyard in Bartow, Florida. Douglas, who was eighteen years old at the time, was charged with the murders two days later. He failed six polygraph examinations about the case and he confessed, but a judge decided his statement was "psychologically coerced" and ruled it inadmissible. Douglas was acquitted at his trial in 1986; the jurors deliberated only ninety minutes and all of them were unconvinced from the beginning. Vickie went missing nine months later.
Investigators viewed Douglas as a suspect in his wife's disappearance from the onset of the investigation and they stated Vickie's disappearance looked staged. Vickie had never been known to park her car at the location where it was found, and the driver's seat was adjusted to fit someone taller than her. Her family also said she never wore makeup due to her religious beliefs and would never have taken any with her if she had left. Douglas spoke to law enforcement about Vickie's case only twice, once when he reported her missing and once in 1993. Douglas, who has since remarried and lives in Arkansas, maintains his innocence in Vickie's disappearance and says he heard she had hitchhiked to the West Coast, possibly California.
Vickie left behind a young daughter. Her family believes she is dead, as they don't think she would have abandoned her child. Foul play is suspected in her case.
Washington County Sheriff's Office